THE Central Coast NDIS roll out starts on Friday. Options Disability Support is ready and we want to make sure you’re ready too.
The NDIS will fund the supports, services and programs people with a disability need and want. These supports can help people with a disability gain independence, be active and involved in their community, stay healthy, access education and find work.
Options Disability Support is an NDIS provider. Our support can help you live independently in your own, or your family home, and within your community.
WHAT OUR LIVING SUPPORTS OFFER UNDER THE NDIS
- Support to access everyday environments within the community
- Support to access the community via public transport
- Support to build independent living skills
- Support to live independently
- Support to be introduced to and explore hobbies and personal activities
- Support to engage with peers in a social environment
- Support to improve personal care and hygiene
- Support to stay physically and mentally fit and healthy
- Support to develop vocational skills
Our day programs are offered across venues at Kariong, Gosford, West Gosford and Warnervale, within the Central Coast community and beyond.
WHAT OUR PROGRAMS OFFER UNDER THE NDIS
- Programs to develop language and communication techniques appropriate to situation
- Programs to engage with peers in a social environment
- Programs to improve personal care and hygiene
- Programs to build independent living skills
- Programs to improve concept skills
- Programs to improve cooking skills
- Programs to improve computer literacy
- Programs to improve financial literacy
- Programs to participate in volunteer work
- Programs to develop hospitality skills
- Programs to develop vocational skills
- Programs to stay physically and mentally fit and healthy
- Programs to be introduced to and explore hobbies and personal activities
- Programs to be creative and make things
- Programs to help you make performance art and to perform
HOW YOUR PROGRAMS WILL BE FUNDED UNDER THE NDIS
Because you receive service from Options Disability Support, you’re already on the National Disability Insurance Agency’s eligibility list and will be contacted before or once the Central Coast NDIS roll out starts.
If you’re not receiving support from any service, you will need to contact the NDIA on 1800 800 110 or visit www.ndis.gov.au to register and determine your eligibility.
The NDIA or a Local Area Co-ordinator from St Vincent de Paul will contact you to arrange a planning meeting. You can ask for Options Disability Support to attend this planning meeting with you.
If you would like Options Disability Support to join you when you meet a NDIA planner, please phone us on (02) 4340 5155 to make this request.
Your meeting with the NDIA or Central Coast Local Area Coordinator will determine your first plan. This plan will be approved by the NDIA and you can select your service providers and start receiving your supports.
Want to know more? Read our NDIS Q&A.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A PLAN YET?
Of course. If you’re already receiving service from us, your funding will continue up until your first NDIA plan is approved. The NDIA will inform your funding body and your funding will roll over to the NDIA and into your plan.
If you’re not receiving service from us, you’ll need to contact the NDIA to confirm your eligibility and discuss your plan.
Want to know more? Read the NDIS Ready pages of the NDIS website.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
Please phone (02) 4340 5155 or email email@example.com to request more information about our programs and supports or about our role in helping you transition to the NDIS.